Lausanne, Switzerland: The International Hockey Federation (FIH) can now confirm the nominations received by the deadline of 26 August (midnight CET) for the following positions to be elected at the 48th FIH Congress on 5 November 2022:
For the position of FIH President:
- Marc Coudron, BEL
- Mohammad Tayyab Ikram, MAC
For the positions of Executive Board (EB) Ordinary Member:
- Female Members (2 positions):
- Maureen Craig-Rousseau, TTO (candidate for re-election)
- Elizabeth Safoa King, GHA (candidate for re-election)
- Marion Rodewald, GER
- Male Members (2 positions):
- Hiroya Anzai, JPN
- Walter Krämer, CHI
- Simon Mason, ENG
- David Wansbrough, AUS
- Piotr Wilkonski, POL
- John Williamson, NZL
- Deon Morgan, RSA
Four positions as EB Members of the FIH Executive Board will be elected at the Congress, or five if current Board Member Mohammad Tayyab Ikram is elected as President. The mandates of the EB members who will be elected on 5 November 2022 will run until the 2026 FIH Congress. If there is a fifth position as EB Member to be elected, the term of office of that member will be of two years to take over the remaining two years of Mohammad Tayyab Ikram as an EB Member.
The duration of the term of the new FIH President will be of 2 years, in order to complete the mandate of previous FIH President Dr Narinder Dhruv Batra who resigned on 18 July.
In accordance with the FIH Regulations, the nominations will now be submitted to the FIH Elections Oversight Panel (EOP) by FIH CEO Thierry Weil. The aim of the EOP is to ensure that the FIH elections are carried out in a fair and transparent manner consistent with the FIH Statutes, Integrity Code, Elections Manual and General Regulations. Any nomination has to be approved by the EOP before being validated.
The FIH Executive Board consists of:
- The FIH President;
- Eight Ordinary members - four female and four male Members -, one half being renewed every two years;
- An Athletes’ Representative;
- The Presidents of the Continental Federations;
- The FIH CEO;
- Any (non-voting) member co-opted onto the Executive Board pursuant to Article 7.1(c) of the FIH Statutes.
For more information about FIH and hockey in general, please download the Watch.Hockey app or follow the FIH social media channels - Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – and website.